Part of the Oakland Broadway Auto Row
Outdated retail, remodeled in the 1960s , will be seismically updated and restored to its original 1920’s splendor and repurposed as incu
bator space for local business entrepreneurs in the emerging Uptown Oakland location, next to SDG’s own mixed-use Broadway Grand.
- Redevelopment of a square block in Oakland’s prime Uptown District which will transform 3.5 acres from vacant buildings and a parking lot into a mixed-use retail, office, and residential destination.
- At the center of the popular First Friday Art Murmur
- Within walking distance of the Downtown Oakland job center and four blocks from the 19th Street BART Station.
- Rehab of the existing 100,000 square feet of brick and timber buildings into a vibrant office and retail enclave.
- Construction of 105 market-rate, Class A wood-frame walk-up apartments, targeted to the new urban resident demographic.
- Signed leases with Numi Tea, HUB Oakland, Drake’s Brewing, and the purveyors of the Chop Bar and Tribune Tavern restaurants.
- Second phase of the successful Broadway Grand condominium development.
- Construction underway, with first tenants by end of 2013.
Architect: Flynn Architecture
Landscape Architects: The Guzzardo Partnership