Transformed historic Durant Motor Factory into award-winning mixed-use community. Attracted first full-service grocery store and bank to East Oakland in more than a decade. Cleaned up and retained popular local businesses on the site.
- 211 for-sale units; 56 rental lofts
- 250,000 sf. Retail/office
- Adaptive reuse and preservation of 200,000 sf. of original factory
- Much of the plant’s historic industrial Gothic-style structure was preserved
- Tenants include Food 4 Less, Wells Fargo and 70+ local merchants
- Gold Nugget Award winner
Approved by Oakland Landmark Advisory Board, Oakland Planning Commission and Oakland City Council in 2000 Processed EIR, Rezone and PD plan Received clearance from Regional Water Quality Control Board for soil and groundwater contamination Acknowledged as Best Project in Class by San Francisco and East Bay Business Times. Received awards from PCBC and the Oakland Heritage Alliance.
Residential Architect: MVE Commercial
Architect: Flynn, Craig & Grant
Landscape Architect: Guzzardo Partnership
Lender: Wells Fargo Bank